Sports Medicine/Athletic Training
We offer a variety of customizable services involving the field of sports medicine. Individuals are seen in our clinic setting to assess, treat and receive education on orthopedic or sports injuries. We also offer location-based services to schools, events, collegiate sporting events and companies.
It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi
Preventive care is always best, but sometimes that advice comes too late. Our athletic trainers can provide you or your team with the knowledge and resources to prevent sports injuries with our on-site evaluations and education programs.
If an injury has already occurred, we can make sure you know how to treat it properly and efficiently to regain your optimal abilities.
Are concussions a normal part of physical sports? Some seem to think that they are synonymous. They shouldn’t be! Concussions are serious matters that need quality attention and care. At Divine Savior Healthcare, we take precautions to ensure that all head-related injuries are thoroughly monitored and treated. We also go out of our way to educate you on every possible preventative measure.
We offer a variety of athletic education and training services and various outreach programs:
Athletic Development & Enhancement Programs
- We offer personalized fitness assessments and programs, designed for all ages, body types and issues.
- Education and training on topics such as weight management, weight lifting and even elite training (i.e. marathon preparation).
- Annually, we offer a summertime agility, strength and conditioning program for area athletes grades 6-12, "Be Quick! Be Fast! Be Strong!"
- Athletic enhancement- taking area athletes to the next level.
Concussion Assessment, Prevention and Treatment
- ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing)
- concussion prevention training and education
- pre and post-head injury assessment for concussions
- recognition of the serious injury concussions truly are
- on-going supervision and treatment of head injuries
Educational Services for Injury Assessment/Conditioning/Athlete Care
- Caring for Sports Injuries Program- summer-based training for high school students interested in athletic training or other healthcare careers.
- Sport focused education- including running mechanics and throwing clinics with experts to assist in many areas of sports interest.
- Coaching education- athlete conditioning and safety awareness education for coaches of all experience levels, including proper form in weight lifting mechanics (videos available).
- Parent services- assistance in guiding your child through athletic development while using a safe approach to minimize or prevent injury.
- * Customized programs based on need and request!
Orthotic and Brace Fitting/Fabrication and Assistive Devices
- custom in-shoe orthotic fabrication and temporary trials
- brace fitting and instruction for proper joint alignment
- * We work directly with experts in bracing to assist in getting the brace that meets your needs and lifestyle.
LiveFit Fitness Programming
- Individualized fitness guidance and support
- Assessments and screening provided
- Personal and customized to meet your fitness goals (weight management, program development)
- LiveFit Program Details
Contact Rehabilitative Services:
Phone: (608) 745-6290; Email:email@example.com