The journey back to health is not always easy. Overcoming a physical injury or setback can be challenging and requires dedication and persistence. Fortunately, the human body is capable of some amazing regenerative powers.
Physical therapy ensures that you are able to regain the highest level of use during the most critical part of the healing process. With modern therapies including manual and aquatic therapy, we have come a long way in bringing you back to better.
Some of the areas in which we specialize are:
- land-based evaluation prior to pool treatment
- customized therapy
- independent water exercise for up to four months after therapy (private pay)
- group water aerobics classes (limited spaces)
- warm water pool (85-90 degrees Fahrenheit)
- passive range of motion, joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, general massage
- myofacial soft tissue release
- craniosacral therapy
- preventing post-surgical scar tissue buildup
- proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- muscle energy, strain/counterstrain
- visceral manipulation
- Dry Needling:
-used in the management of myofascial pain
-trigger point needle insertion
-mechanical and biomechanical changes without pharmacological means
-For more information on dry needling click here: Trigger Point Dry Needling
-You may also visit: http://myopainseminars.com/ to learn more about the therapy technique.
Neurological Rehab (Stroke, Head Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Neurological Diseases)
- neuro-developmental techniques designed to retrain joint/muscle function
- Direct assistance in obtaining adaptive equipment indicated for function (custom wheelchairs, transfer aides, etc.
- caregiver/family education
- ongoing communication with your physician
Orthopedic Rehab (Pre and Post Surgery)
- non-surgical interventions for pain relief, joint range of motion, muscle re-strengthening and function restoration
- pre-operative education and training
- brace fitting and instruction, including custom fabrication
- post-operative care- getting you back to better
- Orthopedic surgery guidebooks can be viewed here.
Orthotic and Brace Fitting/Fabrication
- custom in-shoe orthotic fabrication (after trial temporary options)
- brace fitting and instruction for joint alignment
- * We will also work directly with outside experts in bracing to ensure you get the brace that meets your needs and lifestyle.
Pediatric Rehab (Developmental Delay, Autism, Gross Motor Incoordination)
- standardized testing to determine function and age-appropriate skills
- family/caregivers education
Spine (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Sacroiliac regions)
- McKenzie, Williams and DiMaggio Techniques
- manual therapy
- physical devices such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation and laser
- brace fitting/fabrication
- body mechanic education and training
*Visit our Spine Clinic page for more spine therapy services.
- comprehensive assessment to determine central vs. peripheral vertigo
- BPPV maneuver treatment
- treatment and education for long term relief of dizziness
- * We work directly with audiology services for hearing assessment/ENG evaluation.
- debridement skills, include pulse vac, wound vac and hydrotherapy options
- expertise in dressings to help wound healing, including Unna boot application
- devices as indicated for wound healing
- edema/swelling management
- Education and training on skin care skills, include pulse vac, wound vac and hydrotherapy options.
Specialized Rehab Services