Despite the name, occupational therapy is not just used to learn work-related skills. What it does do is help you fine-tune or re-learn tasks you need for daily activities. Yes, this may include work-related tasks but it also includes dressing, cooking, cleaning and other home-related tasks.
Divine Savior Healthcare’s occupational therapists can evaluate your home and make recommendations to accommodate your physical needs and safety. This includes assessments for those with low vision.
Here are a few examples of what we do:
Upper Extremity Injury Management (shoulder down to fingertips)
- hand therapy including wrist, hands and fingers, pre/post-surgery
- shoulder rehab- pre/post-surgery
- elbow rehab- pre/post-surgery
- custom splint fabrication and training, including static and dynamic splinting
- brace/splint fitting and training
- devices for pain, swelling and muscle training
- manual therapy for joint and soft tissue mobilization
Lymphedema and Edema Management
- post-mastectomy care
- pre-mastectomy education and training
- edema issues, post-surgical or condition-related
Retraining for Activities of Daily Living (ADL/IADL)
- grooming and dressing
- cooking and household tasks
- work or hobby-related activities
Cognitive Assessment and Retraining
- Standardized testing includes: Cognitive Assessment of Minnesota, Allen Cognitive Levels test, KELS, Cognitive Performance Test and others.
Community Mobility and Driving Readiness Program
- Includes on-the-road assessment, training and car adaptation resources in collaboration with Adaptive Experts.
Home Safety Assessment and Equipment Recommendations
- Personalized home evaluations for those with physical limitations or low vision.
- Training to ensure safe mobility in the home.
- Personalized recommendations for assistive devices or equipment.
Pediatric Assessment and Treatments
- Assessment of conditions such as developmental delay, autism and attention deficit disorders (ADD).
- sensory reintegration
- fine motor skill training
Neurological Assessment and Retraining
- Including treatments for brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury and other neurological disease processes.
Wheelchair and Scooter Seating and Mobility Assessment & Training
- ensure proper equipment fit
- training on use and features
- guidance with technical questions/concerns
Contact Rehabilitative Services:
Phone: (608) 745-6290; Email:email@example.com